Working on Now
I am a writer who sketches with
My goal: to inspire you to leave a paper trail of pictures and words.
I am also a busy mom of six, homeschooling for the past 19 years, about to graduate my fourth-born, still teaching my two youngest.
Focused on returning to health after a decade of severe energy loss, I am keeping the minimum going with the home and of course the needs of my children.
In our twentieth year of homeschooling, it is a privilege to still be educating my two youngest, teaching an Art History Survey class to a group of enthusiastic high schoolers, and Teaching from Rest.
Planning in six-week intervals followed by a week's break, concentrating on a few projects at a time, and extensively enjoying tracking it all in a bullet journaling are my mode of recovery and propulsion.
Faithfully Follow the Rabbit Trail
I used to think rabbit trails equalled distraction and were Bad.
But I'm trying an experiment: to explore to the end a trail of thought. My new goal: to write faithfully, to let ideas know that this is a safe place to find a home, and to see where they lead.
Follow along at the links below and join in the converation.
- Wasting Time on the Internet, Kenneth Goldsmith
- An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith, Barbara Brown Taylor
- The Steal Like an Artist Journal, Austin Kleon
- Teaching from Rest, Sarah MacKenzie
- A Poem for Every Night of the Year, Ali Esiri
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield
- Messie No More, Sandra Felton
- 84 Charing Cross Road, Helene Hanff
- Q's Legacy: A Delightful Account of a Lifelong Love Affair with Books, Helene Hanff
Come and Join the Conversation!
Connect on Twitter, Paperblogging's Facebook Page, or Pinterest at these links:
I'd be Honored to Visit Your Inbox Weekly
Just submit your info here to receive the weekly Paperblogging update!