Working on Right Now ...
I am a busy mom of six who homeschools three and teaches blogging and photography history to highschoolers. I am also a writer who sketches with an ink pen. My goal: to inspire you to leave a paper trail of pictures and words.
In this season, planning in six-week intervals followed by a week's break, and concentrating on a few projects at a time, is turning out to be surprisingly restful and fruitful.
Overall, this year I commit to sleep, read, write, kondo, budget, and teach.
Which looks like:
- Look after myself physically by getting enough sleep
- Enjoy candles daily and in winter practice Hygge
- Stay hydrated especially with lemon water
- Sketchbook, photograph, and nature journal
- Learn and enjoy modern lettering
- 84 Charing Cross Road, Helene Hanff
- The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street, Helene Hanff
- Q's Legacy: A Delightful Account of a Lifelong Love Affair with Books, Helene Hanff
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life, Twyla Tharp
- The Little Book of Hygge, Miek Wiking
- The Sketchbook Project World Tour, Steven Peterman & Sara Elands Peterman
- Script & Scribble: The Rise and Fall of Handwriting, Kitty Burns Foley
- Wasting Time on the Internet, Kenneth Goldsmith
- Life in the Soil: A Guide for Naturalists and Gardeners, James B. Nardi
- An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith, Barbara Brown Taylor
- The Steal Like an Artist Journal, Austin Kleon
- Just Add Watercolor: Inspiration and Painting Techniques from Contemporary Artists, Helen Birch
- Teaching from Rest, Sarah MacKenzie
- A Poem for Every Night of the Year, Ali Esiri
- The War of Art, Steven Pressfield;
- Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way, Steven Pressfield.
- Write a weekly post at Paperblogging.com
- Use an ink pen every day; refill my pens with great pleasure
- Find time for art by taking Michael Nobbs' 20-minutes a day challenge to do something creative
- Complete a Mari Kondo-inspired tidying festival: remove every item in my home that does not spark joy
- Live on less; align spending with goals; make six week interval budget
- Faithfully homeschool my children not yet graduated
- Finish touring colleges applied to by my senior student
- Teach a high school class on blogging
- Teach photography history to high schoolers